NOTE: Slides for this session are contained at the back of the PDF handout which is available after module is purchased.
Teamwork and collaboration are dynamic processes involving healthcare professionals sharing common healthcare goals and working toward a common end in assessing, planning, implementing or evaluating patient care. A focus on type of care and how that care is delivered to patients and their caregivers and family is of utmost importance, and must be delivered by strong inter-professional teams to be effective. The Institute of Medicine has emphasized the key role nurses play not just as members of inter-professional teams, but also as leaders within the team. Discussed will be the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for the nurse in the RN-CCTM role and the team-based best practices for innovative collaboration that result in positive patient care processes and outcomes.
The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to apply effective teamwork and collaboration skills into the RN Care Coordination and Transition Management (RN-CCTM) role.
Contact hours available until 7/1/2024.
After completing this learning activity, the learner will be able to apply effective teamwork and collaboration skills into the RN Care Coordination and Transition Management (RN-CCTM) role.
- Define teamwork and collaboration.
- Identify the importance of teamwork and collaboration and the effect on patient care processes and outcomes.
- Describe evidence-based strategies that support teamwork including overcoming common barriers.
- Describe the role of the RN-CCTM within a team.
- Demonstrate how the RN-CCTM practices the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for Teamwork and Collaboration.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
- Read the PDF handout which is the chapter of the CCTM Core Curriculum that corresponds with this module.
- Listen to the module in its entirety.
- Complete the online CNE evaluation.
Faculty, Planners and Authors Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
Speaker(s) have no disclosures to declare.
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
This educational activity has been co-provided by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. and AAACN.
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AAACN is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 5366.
6/1/17 7:48 pm
This reminded how important the team approach is, and encouraged me to speak up more.