Contact hours available until 4/18/17.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation. You will be able to print your CNE certificate at any time after you complete the evaluation.
No faculty, planning committee members, poster presenters, or presenters disclose a potential or actual conflict of interest.
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
This educational activity is jointly provided by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ) and AAACN.
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AAACN is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 5366. Objectives:
- Discuss the strategic plan for structural and role development of the care coordinator from basic requirements, description, core competency definition, orientation, and evaluative metrics to professional growth and development. (McCarthy)
- Discuss methods and tools for consistency and communication in team-based care spanning the care continuum across all levels of care coordination both as a role and a function. (McCarthy)
- Discuss why readmissions are a national health care concern. (Thomas)
- Identify EBPs aimed at preventing readmissions. (Thomas)
- Describe one hospital's readmission plan. (Thomas)
- Examine ways to have a greater awareness and understanding about readmission prevention plan. (Thomas)