The CCTM online course and core text will help nurses solve the puzzle of fragmented patient care. It is an evidence-based, patient centered program designed to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Enhance access to quality care
- Decrease hospital readmissions
- Decrease health care costs
- Help patients navigate the health care system
- Ensure continuity and seamless transitions among levels and settings of care
- Work effectively in Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMHs)and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Improve the individual patient’s experience of care
The Course is also a useful resource to help you prepare for the Certified in Care Coordination and Transition Management (CCCTM) exam
provided by the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB) in collaboration with AAACN. Contact hours available until 3/31/2020.
The course includes an audio presentation, slides, and a PDF version of the corresponding core text chapter. Nurses will read the chapter prior to viewing the audio presentation. The course provides 26.4 contact hours.
Additional sessions listed below fall into the category of care coordination and transition management, but are not part of our flagship course.