Ambulatory Care Management: RN Patient Care Managers embedded into primary care sites of practice serve as valuable members of the care team. This session describes a current model used to show how patient care managers can be assisted by a centralized structure that incorporates a multidisciplinary approach, holistically focused on the most clinically complex patients and their caregivers.
Workflow Consultant - Your New BFF: Managers in a fast-paced electronic world need to master office efficiency, access, workflow development, charge capture, telephone management, clinical outcomes and more. This session explores how managers are expected to optimize at the same time they are running the everyday operations. They need a ""BFF"" - a Workflow Consultant.
Contact hours available until 4/23/2015.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation.
Faculty, Planners and Authors Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
Presenter(s) have no disclosures to declare.
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
Non-Endorsement of Products:
Accreditation of activities for contact hours does not imply approval or endorsement of any product, advertising, or educational content by Anthony J. Jannetti Inc., AAACN, or the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity is jointly provided by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ) and AAACN.
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AAACN is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 5366.
- Verbalize understanding of a practice model utilizing embedded and centralized care management. (Wise)
- Discuss the importance of outcome measures and how this impacts practice quality, healthcare system financial risk sharing, and patient satisfaction. (Wise)
- Describe how ambulatory care management impacts ACO and Patient-Centered Medical Home initiatives. (Wise)
- Describe three key components to successfully utilize workflow to sustain regional and local initiatives the office/module setting. (Ruygrok)
- Describe how to identify the appropriate amount and level of resources required. (Ruygrok)
- Identify one key strategy for optimization that is spreadable and adaptable in the Ambulatory setting. (Ruygrok)