NOTE: Slides for this session are contained at the back of the PDF handout which is available after module is purchased.
Telehealth nursing practice is an essential component of each of the dimensions for the RN in the CCTM role. The non-face-to-face setting adds yet another level of skills necessary to ensure practice that is safe, timely, and effective while coordinating care and managing transitions. In this module, a discussion of the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to support the RN in the CCTM role will be presented as it applies to patients, caregivers and families using telecommunications technology. Specific emphasis will be placed on standards directing telehealth nursing, telehealth principles and practice, effective communication using telehealth technology, teamwork and collaboration, and technical know-how.
The purpose of this chapter is to enable the reader to demonstrate the elements of competency in professional telehealth nursing practice that are required for the RN in CCTM role.
Contact hours available until 7/1/2024.
After completing this learning activity, the learner will be able to outline the elements of competency in professional telehealth nursing practice that are required for the RN Care Coordination and Transition Management (RN-CCTM) role.
- Relate telehealth practice standards to CCTM.
- Describe telehealth principles and practice as they relate to CCTM.
- Demonstrate principles of effective communication using telehealth technology in CCTM.
- Discuss the principles of teamwork and collaboration using telehealth technologies in CCTM.
- Discuss elements of technical know-how necessary to effectively perform CCTM using telecommunications technologies.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
- Read the PDF handout which is the chapter of the CCTM Core Curriculum that corresponds with this module.
- Listen to the module in its entirety.
- Complete the online CNE evaluation.
Faculty, Planners and Authors Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
Speaker(s) have no disclosures to declare.
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
This educational activity has been co-provided by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. and AAACN.
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AAACN is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 5366.