Contact hours available until 4/18/17.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation. You will be able to print your CNE certificate at any time after you complete the evaluation.
No faculty, planning committee members, poster presenters, or presenters disclose a potential or actual conflict of interest.
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
This session sponsored through the John H. Reck Memorial Grant.
This educational activity is jointly provided by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ) and AAACN.
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AAACN is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 5366.
1. Identify methods to prepare for the ambulatory care nursing certification exam, including test-taking techniques.
2. Summarize nursing process activities related to the ambulatory care nursing clinical role, including clinical skills, triage assessment, telehealth, care management and patient advocacy.
3. Apply communication techniques and principles utilized in the ambulatory care environment, including interpersonal skills, service excellence, and cultural competency.
4. Describe key professional issues and trends, including regulatory issues and standards of care, that impact ambulatory care nursing practice.
5. Outline ambulatory care systems and processes related to medication management, quality management, operations, and documentation.
6. Examine the key components of education in the ambulatory care environment, including learning principles and techniques, health promotion and disease prevention, and self-care management.
7. Discuss professional issues, including ethical, legal, professional development, and leadership/management.