Contact hours available until 4/18/17.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation. You will be able to print your CNE certificate at any time after you complete the evaluation.
No faculty, planning committee members, poster presenters, or presenters disclose a potential or actual conflict of interest.
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
This educational activity is jointly provided by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ) and AAACN.
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AAACN is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 5366. Objectives:
- State the role of research, quality improvement, and evidence-based practice in the ambulatory setting. (Bowers & McMurtry)
- Identify ways that ambulatory nursing can develop the tools and measurements necessary to quantify the impact of nursing care on patient outcomes. (Bowers & McMurtry)
- Articulate potential research opportunities in ambulatory care nursing. (Bowers & McMurtry)
- Identify the gaps that can exist in our current care for underserved diabetic populations. (Collingsworth, Kane, Snead)
- Discuss the effectiveness of the role of the community health worker. (Collingsworth, Kane, Snead)
- Review the outcomes data for diabetes control from the treatment population. (Collingsworth, Kane, Snead)